This article is part of an ongoing series of articles on evidence-based knowledge management.
Evidence-based practice is nothing new or complicated or mind-blowing. It isn’t a disruptive paradigm-shifting solution to every problem. It doesn’t involve convoluted equations, and you don’t need a team of brainiacs. It won’t push your thinking way outside the box with awesome concepts. It will do something much more exciting, interesting, and important than all of these put together: It will help you to make better decisions.1
The links on this page have been collated to help you make better decisions through evidence-based practice in knowledge management (KM). Some of the links are to RealKM Magazine articles and article series, and others to external resources.
This page is a living reference, with new links regularly added.
Why evidence-based practice is important in KM
- Article: The disastrous effects of opinion-based decisions, and how knowledge management can be better evidence-based
- Presentation: KM transformation must consider “how” we do things, and not just “what” we do
The fundamentals of evidence-based practice
- Article: The Basics of Evidence-Based Practice
- Infographic: The Four Sources and Six Steps of Evidence-Based Practice
- Paper: Evidence-Based Practice: The Basic Principles
How to source and assess evidence
- Article: Using narrative reviews, systematic reviews, and meta-analyses in evidence-based knowledge management (KM)
- Article: Information literacy and evidence-based knowledge management
- Article series: Understanding science and research
- Article series: Cultural awareness in KM
- Article: Critical Eye: Evidence of the importance of curation
- Article: Tacit knowledge paper gets lost in neuromyths, highlighting issues with evidence quality in KM
- Article: What more could be done to address the persistence of the conceptually flawed Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)?
- Article: Some misconceptions of evidence-based practice
- Article: Best practices aren’t
- Article: If you’re not evidence-based, what are you?
- Article: Why do we discount facts that dispute our opinion?
- Article series: The case for indigenous knowledge systems and knowledge sovereignty
- Youth resource: Ask for Evidence lesson plan
- Youth resource: Evidence Hunter activity pack
- Briner R. (2019). The Basics of Evidence-Based Practice. People + Strategy, Winter 2019. ↩
Also published on Medium.