KM Lobby PKS – Incredible Edition – Abbe Wiesenthal
This podcast is part of the Because You Need to Know series from Pioneer Knowledge Services.
The KM Lobby PKS Incredible Edition is a program of Pioneer Knowledge Services hosted by Ginetta Gueli, Monica Danese-Perrin, and Edwin K. Morris M.S.
In this KM Lobby PKS Incredible Edition, Abbe Wiesenthal explores documentation, content, information, and artificial intelligence (AI).
While at Warner Media, Abbe foresaw the need for a KM strategy to create a centralized and easily navigable source of divisional, technical, and operational knowledge. She launched a Knowledge Strategy and Communications Center of Excellence (COE) in a global division of 600+ IT professionals and engineers. This expanded her role within the organization to include Knowledge Strategy and Communications across the divisions to:
- create process and governance for knowledge discovery, categorization, management and sharing to help eliminate information silos
- consolidate knowledge into a new KM COE published into Confluence and SharePoint
- integrate industry best practices and standards and applied light weight governance to help drive compliance
- created and implemented continuous improvement initiatives, defined KPIs for monitoring content usage and effectiveness
- worked with senior leadership to help drive more effective KM practices.