Book release – Design Knowledge Management System
A Practical Guide for Implementing ISO 30401 KMS Standard
The book Design Knowledge Management System provides practical guidance for individuals and organizations to design and develop knowledge management (KM) systems based on the ISO 30401:2018 Knowledge management systems – Requirements standard regardless of the industry type, size, and scale.
Many organizations implement improvement initiatives through a set of projects that are not well connected and are not in response to the strategy. Shekar’s insights highlight how to strategically connect with the improvement programs in a way that they inform strategy creation, using examples, practical templates and the ISO Knowledge Management Systems Standard as a guide. This is a powerful shift in mindset and an excellent place for the KM novice to start, whether they intend to achieve certification, or just apply the KM principles to enhance performance.
– Dr. Arthur Shelley, RealKM Platinum Patron and Director, Founder, Intelligent Answers and Author, KNOWledge SUCCESSion.
Unlike some Knowledge Management (KM) authors who focus on academic precision at the expense of clarity, Santhosh Shekar maintains a commendable focus on practical guidance and advice. Assembling a wealth of material from his decades of experience, Shekar provides extensive “how-to” detail that should abundantly satisfy even the most meticulous KM practitioner. Numerous process guides, checklists, and a detailed case study are presented to the reader and neatly aligned to ISO 30401 requirements, resulting in a comprehensive implementation guide that never feels overbearing or unwieldy.
– Stephen Bounds, RealKM Platinum Patron, Director, and Founder, and Executive, Information Management, Cordelta.
How to read the book
- Chapter 1 – Introduction of KM and various KM in other standards/industry best practices
- Chapter 2 – Provides a deep understanding of the human’s world of knowledge constraints
- Chapter 3 – KM standard advantages
- Chapter 4 – Provides a deep view of KM breadth and depth
- Chapter 5 – Provides illustration of KM framework, tool kit, processes development, practical use case
- Chapter 6 – Profiles knowledge leadership in a different light, KM policy etc.
- Chapter 7 – Chapter 7 should be read along with Chapter 4, provides KM architecture perspective illustration
- Chapters 8, 9, 10 – Provide continuity of Chapter 5 KM system use case
- Chapter 11 – Provides detailed analysis of KM roles, responsibilities, competencies, experience etc.
- Chapter 12 – KM operations
- Chapter 13 – Goes in the ROI, management review, audit process
- Chapter 14 – KM continuous improvement
- Appendix 1 – Provides 10 steps to implement KM systems
- Appendix 2 – Provides KM concepts index
- Appendix 3 – Provides KMS implementation checklist, questionnaires
- Appendix 4 – Provides list of all KM tools, approaches and methods
- Appendix 5 – Taxonomy development illustrations for the use case.
Thanks Bruce !!
To promote faster adaptation of ISO 30401 KMS standard and allow individuals to start KM, I have made the book available for “free read” on Amazon Kindle Unlimited (for limited period).
Please download the eBook, read the book, write your reviews as customer on Amazon, and if you like it, do Share with your friends, colleagues, clients, customers, partners, contractors, vendors, management, etc. !!
Click below links to access your Kindle account based on your location !