RealKM Magazine welcomes contributions of evidence-based articles of any length and on any topic relating to improving organisational performance through knowledge.
What’s the first step?
If you would like to submit an article, please first read the RealKM Editorial Guidelines and then contact the RealKM Magazine Editor to discuss your ideas. Or, if you’re keen to do some writing but need some ideas, please ask to see our topic ideas board.
What needs to be provided when submitting an article for consideration?
After you’ve discussed your ideas with the RealKM Magazine Editor and prepared your article using the RealKM Editorial Guidelines, submitting it for consideration is easy. You just need to provide the following and we’ll do the rest:
- Article title and text in Microsoft Word (.docx or .doc) or text file (.txt) format, with link locations indicated and links provided. Citations in a consistent format need to be provided for any research papers referenced. Images can be included, but you must have copyright permission for them and be able to provide evidence of this.
- Information for your author profile, which will be automatically added below your article:
- One-paragraph biography
- Profile picture (a portrait photograph of just you, with no other people identifiable)
- (Optional) Any or all of the following: website address, Twitter username, LinkedIn profile url.
- (Optional) Excerpt, as discussed on page 3 of the Editorial Guidelines (if you don’t provide one, then no problem, we will write it). The excerpt will be shown in italics under the article title, and is also used by social media and the RealKM Weekly Wrap e-newsletter as a summary of your article.
- (Optional) Article header image if you have one that you would like to go with your article (if not, then it’s no problem, we will source a suitable image). You must have copyright permission for the image and be able to provide evidence of this. The image must be of exact size 640px wide x 360px high, or if larger then it must be able to be trimmed and scaled to this size.
For frequent authors in the “Brain Power” and “Systems Thinking” categories, a small per-article payment can be made. Please contact the RealKM Magazine Editor for more information.
Frequent authors are also provided with author access to the RealKM Magazine website, and use a detailed guide to create their own draft articles and submit them for publication.