The revised standard, ISO 9001:2015, includes the new clause 7.1.6 Organisational knowledge. The requirements of this clause are:
The organization shall determine the knowledge necessary for the operation of its processes and to achieve conformity of products and services.
This knowledge shall be maintained and be made available to the extent necessary.
When addressing changing needs and trends, the organization shall consider its current knowledge and determine how to acquire or access the necessary additional knowledge and required updates.
In seeking to meet the new organisational knowledge requirement, it is vitally important that proven practices and processes are used, or valuable resources will be wasted and desired outcomes not achieved. RealKM Magazine can assist your organisation with this by providing you with a comprehensive source of practically-oriented evidence-based information.
- ABCs of KM: Introductory and explanatory articles on accepted knowledge management practice, and reviews of knowledge management texts and books.
- Systems thinking: Articles backed by sound research on organisations and social systems (including complexity theory, organisational change, and culture), or that describe a real and specific case scenario.
- Brain power: Articles backed by sound research on individual and collective thinking and behaviour (both of the human and artificially intelligent kind), or that describe a real and specific case scenario.
- Tools and techniques: Descriptions and/or reviews of tools and techniques that support knowledge management outcomes.
- In the News: Articles relaying factual information that does not directly or indirectly endorse a particular conclusion.
- Opinion: Editorial pieces, and articles endorsing a particular conclusion or course of action without evidence of sound research being supplied.
Make sure to keep up to date with the new articles added to RealKM Magazine by: